The book is a collection of stories about everyday women like you and me who have had difficulties at a certain point in their life, and explains how they managed to overcome their everyday challenges and struggles. While reading these stories, you may find yourself relating to their experiences and situations, and this will ignite in you a firm belief that you too can deal with your setbacks.
For me resilience is made up of eight elements, all of which can be developed and grown, very much like acorns on a tree. The opening chapter introduces you to these elements, and at the end of each inspiring woman’s story I reflect on which elements have been the most prevalent. Following that are then a number of strategies and ideas on how you can develop these elements and start to grow your capability in these areas of resilience.
What’s on this website for you?
- A free-to-download excerpt from the book when you sign up for our inspirational e-newsletter
- Ways to purchase the book
- Who this book is for and why Julie wrote it
- Resilience training, development and coaching
- Hire Julie for an inspirational talk